In a recent Bundesliga match between Borussia Montjun and Music, an unexpected incident took place that disrupted the game. This breakdown, brought to you by DraftKings, delves into the details of what transpired. The match, being one of the first games at full capacity, witnessed fights erupting in the stands, mirroring similar incidents in the United States. However, what unfolded next was particularly shocking. As the players on the field wondered why the game suddenly came to a halt, their attention turned towards the line referee, who was clutching the back of his head in pain. It was revealed that he had been struck by a beer thrown from the crowd. This article aims to provide a comprehensive account of the incident, the subsequent investigation, and the impact it had on the game.

The Beer-Throwing Incident

The moment the beer hit the referee’s head, it became evident that something was amiss. The unexpected projectile came from the crowd, catching the referee off guard and knocking him down to his knees. The incident sparked both confusion and concern among the players and officials on the field. It was clear that an investigation was necessary to identify and hold the responsible individual accountable for such reckless behavior. It is important to emphasize that throwing objects at players or officials is unacceptable and puts their safety at risk.

Unveiling the Culprit

Efforts were made to identify the person who threw the beer at the referee. The video footage of the incident allowed for closer examination of the crowd. By blurring out irrelevant sections and using contextual clues, the investigation successfully identified the individual responsible. The person in question was wearing a scarf, a white mask, a blue hoodie, and a white undershirt. Through careful observation, it was confirmed that the culprit was holding a beer in his hand when the incident occurred. The evidence, including the throwing motion captured on camera, left no doubt regarding the identity of the beer thrower.

Confrontation and Reactions

Following the incident, the players immediately directed their anger towards the suspected beer thrower. The referee’s colleagues joined in, admonishing the individual responsible for the disruptive act. One of the players pointed at his beer, indicating that he still had his own and distancing himself from the culprit. The goalkeeper, visibly frustrated by the situation, shouted at the beer thrower, urging him to use his head and reminding him of his role as a supporter. Meanwhile, the accused individual remained quiet and distant, seemingly disconnected from the consequences of his actions.

Game Abandonment and Fallout

As tensions escalated and the game remained interrupted, both the fans and the players grew increasingly restless. Eventually, the referees made the difficult decision to abandon the match in the 72nd minute due to the incident. The German goalkeeper, recognizing the foolishness of the beer thrower’s actions, pleaded with the referees to continue the game, highlighting that the entire match need not be spoiled by the actions of a single individual. However, his plea went unanswered, and the referees, prioritizing safety and fair play, made the decision to end the match.


The incident involving a beer being thrown at a referee during the Bundesliga match serves as a reminder of the importance of responsible fan behavior. Such actions not only endanger the well-being of players and officials but also ruin the experience for fellow spectators. The investigation successfully identified the individual responsible for this disruptive act, emphasizing the need for accountability. It is crucial for fans to respect the boundaries and rules of the game, ensuring a safe and enjoyable environment for all.